St Michael's Academy encourages the wearing of a school uniform to help foster a community spirit and a sense of belonging for our children. We believe that it also reduces the burden of having to decide what to wear and what not to wear. We also believe that a uniform promotes positive behaviour. We are very proud of the fact that the vast majority of our pupils wear the uniform, creating a very smart, purposeful look for school life.
- Grey or black pinafore dress, skirt or trousers
- White or pale blue blouse/polo shirt
- Royal blue school sweatshirt and/or fleece
- White socks
- Blue and white summer dress (optional)
- grey or black trousers
- white or pale blue shirt/polo shirt
- royal blue school sweatshirt and/or fleece
- white or grey socks
- Grey or black trousers or shorts
- White or blue shirt/polo shirt
Children should wear a sensible style in black, brown or navy. High heels or trainers will not be allowed in the interest of safety and hygiene.
For P.E. sessions the children must have a change of clothing for hygiene and safety reasons. The P.E. kit consists of:
- A pair of royal blue shorts,
- A coloured house t-shirt is provided and stays in school.
- A pair of suitable trainers/plimsolls
- Trunks/Swimming costume - (no bikinis or Bermuda shorts)
Children are not allowed to wear jewellery as this can be dangerous especially in PE. Long hair must be tied back.
Hair Cut & Styles
- Not cut shorter than Grade 3
- Not dyed
- No totemic patterns
- All long hair tied back.